Thursday, April 13, 2017

Take Three Thursday

If an effort to notice more in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.  The idea is to take 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.  What have you noticed this week?   
 
See what some others have noticed this week:  
Maggie at:  Farmers Wife Day By Day.   
Helena at: Helenascreativemaven


This week my noticing was all about the perfectly camouflaged creatures visiting my garden.  I also noticed that all three were hunting in my garden.

Bella the old girl from the less than nice neighbours, hunts the chipmunks in my yard, but thankfully they are proving faster than she is; her sitting in amongst the leaves has her blending in quite well.  




 The Robin is hunting the worms that come up after a rain shower & "she" is looking for nest building materials.  I put out chopped up clematis vine for her use, which she seems to gladly accept.
 
 
The bunny is hunting for the tender shoots of my tulips & I am not happy about that!  Thankfully "he" has decided that the old grass/clover mix is just as tasty & incurs less clucking from me.  I want to be kind to him, so that my Easter basket will be filled with treats (wink wink)
 



"Wherever I look, I see the handiwork & beauty of the Great One, in the little ones."

18 comments:

  1. Pretty good to catch all three sitting still for a photograph! Not so easily done here. I worked for a couple of years before I finally got a good photograph of a robin; every time I raised the camera the robin in question flew off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Robin was more intend on watching for the cat than me (col). It's the Cardinal in our yard I have difficulty getting him to stick around for a good photo.

      Delete
  2. How lucky that they all sat still to cooperate with the photographing! I can't imagine having rabbits in my garden, even though we live close to open countryside they would never venture here. The most unusual uninvited guest was a fox in our back garden and a muntjacs deer in the front garden (that was weird!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stealth skills are improving. OH a fox, I love foxes & we have few in our area & it's always a fleeting glance, they would be welcome in my garden.

      Delete
  3. You have sharp eyesight and a quick hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian, Mr Man often calls me Ranger Lou because I have a knack for spotting wildlife.

      Delete
  4. Oh, you do have some hunters in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I adore cats, I am not fond of them hunting in my gardens.

      Delete
  5. What lovely photos! We have a robin in our garden that sings loudly every time I go out to do the gardening. I love the idea of your Take Three! Perhaps I will join in too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you Linda. Please feel free to jump in at any time. How nice that your Robin greets you with a song.

      Delete
  6. I like the idea of leaving out nesting materials for your robin. My sister in law told me today that there is a robin nesting in their garage down their end. She has put one of those sound deterrents to try and keep the cats at bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SSHHH don't tell Sian but I often buy & cut up wool threads in bright colours to put out for the birds to build their nests with & then try to spot my wool in the trees.

      Delete
  7. A beautiful post. I love your love of nature. Three beautiful creatures. The robins in my backyard were dealing with snow this weekend. I felt so bad for them seeing them hop along the deep snow. Years ago we went out and bought them seed, not realizing that they don't eat it. Our finches & chickadees are well fed with premium seed, but those poor robins. :( What to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn - I do love the animals & nature, I always get so much back from them. I also wonder about feeding Robins if they are back to early & someone told me they like fruit - so some of those berries past their sell by date have been offered.

      Delete
  8. How very thoughtful of you to put out nesting materials for your birds :). Chipmunks? My! They must be the equivalent of our squirrels in the garden. You've done well to capture the wildlife - so often they won't sit still for a photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like the chipmunks much more that the squirrels although our resident squirrel friend, Charlie is quite an entertainer.

      Delete
  9. So nice to have creatures come and visit you in your yard...well except for the squirrel hunting cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather Bella not visit at all - she also leaves me little packages in the dirt of the garden - I am not pleased with that!

      Delete