Monday, July 11, 2016

Memorandum Monday - July 11th

Linking in with all the other Monday Memo writers, along with our fair hostess, Sian.

News from the patio:
 


Another hot, humid, quiet week.  Not a lot of anything new to report on.

New shopping experience.  We went telescope shopping for Mr Man. Oh my there are SO many types to choose from. He has long had an interest in the night skies.  We did not buy one, but had several of our questions answered as we go through the specs to see which, if any, we decide upon.  So for now we will continue with the "apps" we have loaded on the i-pad, i-phones & use our eyes to seek out the space station & heaven's boundary of stars & planets.  Star light, star bright, the first star I see tonight,  I wish I might, I wish I may, have this wish tonight.

Maybe like this.  Source: From the Internet


I started my annual re-read of the Harry Potter series; what is new about this is that I started to read the "adult" hard cover series that I had received 2 years ago as a birthday present. No more saving for some unknown event - now is the event. 



We bought 2 new patio chairs, so that we have 6 matching patio chairs. The 2 new chairs are currently situation in our "park" designate area of the back garden, just off the patio.  We refer to it as the park because the area under the tree nothing will grow so we filled the area with pea gravel.  The shade under the big dense maple has been much appreciated in the heat this week.  We are also under a total open fire ban along with an upgraded Level 1 water usage, so more watering restrictions.  My garden is struggling & already there are heat & humidity warnings out this morning for Tuesday to Thursday.






The birdbath has been empty this week - umm I have no idea as to why.  I change the water daily, no roaming neighbour cat about & it is in the same place.  ?????




The new Monday thought to ponder is; a 100% Attitude is everything - even the maths prove it.  When you look at each letter's position in the alphabet it does add to 100.
A=1 T=20 T=20  I=9 T=20 U=21 D=4 E=5  =100

 

24 comments:

  1. those chairs look very welcoming - i think we have all of your rain! Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chairs have a lovely curve support for the back & make snoozing quite comfortable (lol).

      Delete
  2. We finally got some rain this weekend, though probably not enough to turn the lawns green again. Who knew about ATTITUDE? Great little factoid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain seems to be falling all around us - it is our position on the escapement that seems to divide the rain :(

      Delete
  3. We could still do with some of your sunshine then I could relax in one of your chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will trade you some sun for some rain. But you are welcome any time to enjoy a sit & chat & I will make us tea.

      Delete
  4. OH, a Harry Potter re-read - so much FUN! I have the original hardcovers and will be scheduling a re-read later this year after I've finished my Trixie Belden set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry makes me happy - such a wonderful story about friends, overcoming difficult times & good wins over evil. Is your first volume Sorcerer's Stone or Philosophers Stone?

      Delete
  5. Haha! My man in a suit has just come home and he likes your fact about attitude.

    A new telescope sounds like a very exciting purchase to be considering. I hope you find the right one.

    Wishing you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like a man in a suit ... we are gathering so much info,Shannon at the telescope store made a couple of recommendations - I say let's just pick one & get it.

      Delete
  6. LOVE the attitude bit at the end of your post, Mary-Lou. :o) And that's fun about shopping for a telescope. Have you downloaded "Go Sky Watch" app? It's a fun one! Have a love week, sweet friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Mr Man has that app on his iphone, I will check & if he does not, I will recommend. It all baffles me for the most part.

      Delete
  7. OK, you and Maggie can have those two chairs as long as I can have a lounger to lie on. Or a hammock. Won't disturb you - I'll soon be asleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    PS. Did you place those photos to the left or were they originally central? Blogger has kindly shifted all my centred photos leftwards. Am I being targeted or is this universal? :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photos are told to be centre so it is not you - Blogger is being its own master these days. Yes come over I have the perfect lounger for you & most afternoons it is really quiet in the back garden. I will be reading & I promise not to sip tea too loudly - ssshhhhhh, I will wake you for dinner about 6ish

      Delete
  8. Love to see the peeks into your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always welcome in the garden & scrapping area ... but please bring your tool belt & ideas, I really want that sump pump cover :)

      Delete
  9. I was also trying to re-read Harry Potter in preparation for our London trip. I got through book 4 and lost steam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, maybe once you get back you will pick up on book 5. I do hope you get a chance to visit HP sites in the UK, especially Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross in London. Of course looking forward to hearing all about the tea party on the 29th. :)

      Delete
  10. What a pretty place to sit! Glad to hear things have warmed up a bit. I hope you enjoy the Harry Potter stories again - I am afraid I've only read each once. Your copy looks very serious and elegant compared to our slightly tatty paperbacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa. I still have my old paperbook copies, which I just cannot part with. There are a few other books I like to re-read, it is like visiting with friends.

      Delete
  11. I absolutely adore your chairs ... Perfect spot to read your book x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it is a perfect spot for reading & those days are mostly through the week when the neighbours to the east of us are not about. They can make a lot of noise when they are out on their deck :(

      Delete
  12. 100% attitude - I like that. I looks like you'll be enjoying sites high and low from the patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of late most of the sitting has been inside, far too humid to sit out even under the tree - looking forward to a break in the weather later this week.

      Delete