Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Snap - Seeing Double X 2

Linking in with Helena's Snap;  http://helenascreativemaven.blogspot.ca/

This week my Snap - Four of a kind, I saw while waiting for Mr. Man's eye scans to be done at Toronto Western Hospital's ophthalmology department.  

This is a huge downtown Toronto (Ontario) hospital. There are many patients from many different homelands, so signs are often posted in multi languages.  I have no idea what any of these say, they could all be the same message as there wasn't a similar sign in English.  Oh & yes these walls are painted in the classic bilious hospital green!

I give you Seeing Double Times Two


sign one

sign two
sign three
sign four

11 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I've never seen anything but an English one here. I'm off to the eye doctor next week. Think I'll ask if they even have any to offer people who's first language isn't English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fascinating - I've never seen these signs in other scripts - a great way to illustrate how multi cultural Toronto is now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another who has never seen those signs in a language other than English ... great set of images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love'em. Next time I go for an eye test, I'll definitely ask if they have the charts in other scripts as well. No message and (as far as I can tell) they are not the same - just random letters/characters. Trying to remember what the Japanese chart looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of images. How cool to have all those different versions of the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool collection. I have only seen eye-charts in English!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now this is cool - such a neat set up to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great. I have never seen anything like this either! I expect they are random like the English ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool - I've only ever seen the signs in English.

    ReplyDelete