Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Currently

View Of The Farmer's Field Behind Us




DRINKING | more water & trying to be mindful as I do.
EATING | less sugar & less carbs.
EMBRACING | the idea that I don’t have a single word for 2016 to focus on & it’s ok.
ENJOYING | that I don’t have any “have to” to do for the rest of the week.
COOKING | breakfast & dinner almost every day & still trying to keep it fresh & inviting! Oh that price of food!!!!
TRYING | to realign some of my self talk.  I know I do a lot of the negative chatter, but trying to catch myself before it starts.
MISSING | something. I recently mentioned to a friend that I felt like I was wearing a sweater too tight.
FEELING | blessed for health, home, & the family I have created.
LISTENING | to my fur girls purr – it is a sound I love.  I am listening to the quiet rhythms of my home, no radio, no tv.
WATCHING | too much mindless TV & getting few rewards of laughter.
READING | nothing on the night stand again – nothing is grabbing my attention. 
WEARING | more flannel pajamas at night & pants (slacks) in the daytime, as winter truly (finally) arrives in all its bitter coldness.
PLANNING | on a Restorative Yoga (wall yoga) workshop introduction.  Also picking a tree to follow for the year.
WANTING | so much to have a big pizza!
NEEDING | a new & fresh outlook for adventures in 2016.
WISHING | that my lottery group of 3, have the only winning ticket on the next 649 drawI also wish health & happiness for everyone.
WAITING | for our dollar to be worth something again. At $0.71 cents on the US dollar, it prevents a lot of online courses happening.
THINKING | I dislike change & I need to accept & move on.  While embracing some changes is a good thing, it doesn’t mean I have to accept all changes. 
ENJOYING | time to scrap, time to sit with my fur girls, time to read magazines (if only I could get a book that grips my interest). 
ENCOURAGING | myself to believe more in my creative side, stopping the thief of comparison.
CELEBRATING | that I have health, time, money & emotional support to move ahead in some new adventures, which scare me.
MARVELING | at how much time I have wasted worrying about THAT SISTER’s opinion!
ANTICIPATING | temptation to sweets; cookies, candies (all of which have been removed from the home).  Sugar detox takes several days/weeks – I’ve been here before (I hope that last time).
CULTIVATING | a few new daily better life/self health practices; vitamins regularly, more water, less carbs, NO sugary treats, better & more sleep, some emotional realignment in my thinking. 

WERE/WHEN: Ontario, CANADA  January 12th 2016
WEATHER: Cold, -11C with a wind chill factor of -20C – a break in the forecasted 15-20cm of snow.
MOOD: a small feeling of being overwhelmed but really trying at optimistic, positive, focused.


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic Mary-Lou! Morning or evening?

    I hope your list was therapeutic to write. To sift through and evaluate, get the negatives in their place alongside the positives. I recognise the sweater analogy - are you feeling restless? Overwhelmed or underwhelmed, or both in different ways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella - it was an evening a few nights ago. Therapeutic - maybe, just needing to put the thoughts somewhere. I think over rather than under. I have been doing morning pages (Julia Cameron's Artist Way book) I think I have reached the centre of the feelings. Now to act upon. Yes a balance of positive & the less thans - moving towards more turn around to ++++

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous sunset! We saw a beautiful sunrise coming down here, but I'm still waiting for a great sunset over the water here. Two more nights; then we're back to the cold and snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your sunset photos - drive home slowly, no need to rush back to the cold, the snow, seems like it's going to be sticking around for a while now :(

      Delete
  3. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this post and so many of your points, could be mine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I think we are all more a like than different. Are you sugar/carb reducing?? How is that going? Any tricks?

      Delete
  4. It's currently 43 degrees here, an absolute scorcher! What different worlds we're living in right now. :)
    Delanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping that all your interior work will help you move through the constricted state and into something which feels more expansive... I like the sound of following a tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa, I think the interior will be a bit of ongoing study throughout the year, but I think it will all be good. Going out this morning to introduce myself to a couple of possible tree candidates.

      Delete
  6. It's sounds as if you are doing some thinking and reassessing for the start of the year. I wish I could think of a good book to recommend..I'm a firm believer in the soothing qualities of the right story

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your list of current happenings, Mary-Lou! Oh that habit of stinkin'-thinkin'! It's harder to break than sugar, me thinks. ;o) I have positive affirmations on sticky notes all over the place! I'm excited to know that you are going to try a restorative yoga class. I'm curious to know why it's called "wall yoga." I lead a couple of poses against the wall in my classes, but most of our work is done on the floor. I hope you love it! I'm anxious to hear.

    Sheesh! It is COLD where you are!!! I'm shivering just thinking of it! High today in Arizona is going to be 66 degrees. Chilly for us, but bearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I received Presley's travel journal in the mail yesterday. Thanks so much for taking care of that!!! :o) xo

      Delete
    2. Oh so glad the journal got to you safely. I had the tracking number & was waiting until later to day to verify - phew, I worried.

      Delete
    3. Oh & the restorative, aka wall yoga, "she" says because so many of the poses uses the wall or blocks. I am open to this experience, winter makes me SO stiff, I'm hoping yoga limbers me up. I will keep you posted. I like (but don't like it) stinkin thinkin - I have just created some motivational signs for myself around the house.

      Delete
  8. That's a great snapshot. And good luck with your positive outlook and stopping your own negative chatter. I've fallen into the trap myself without realizing it. The trick is really not to complete a single negative thought because they seem to clone themselves quite rapidly!! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete