Monday, December 21, 2015

Me On Monday - December 21st

Office Next To Physio Clinic - The Dairy Bull Records Office
  

WOW the last weekend before Christmas.  Hello to Sian and the other Monday Me folks - connecting through:  http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/

View From Front Window - Green, No Snow

 There was some very light snow flurries on Friday evening & again Saturday afternoon, but nothing stayed. Forecasting is still for a green Christmas.

Friday morning I arrived at Costco as they opened to pick up the Christmas turkey breast. Good parking karma & a quick in & out without a cash register line up.  They really do have excellent local sourced meats.  



Friday evening we drove through Riverside Park's Sparkle In The Park display.  It was very well lit up with many many displays.  We had dinner out; we were sat between two company staff dinners - very loud very jolly. 
 
Sparkles In The Park-Riverside Park


Saturday saw us up early to get to a not so local shopping mall.  Again some good parking karma; mall fairly empty & we were able to walk the entire mall loop without bumping into anyone.  Mr Man had not been having much luck finding me a pink sweater that was on my wish list, so I switched the colour requirement to either royal blue or emerald green - he had much better luck.  By the time we were ready to go home, the mall was filling up.  Grabbing a cup of tea for the drive home, we quickly vacated our parking spot to a car stalker, which seemed to be the only way someone would get a parking spot now.  





Home to fur girls, the fireplace on, a Christmas movie & a dinner for Mr Man of homemade cabbage rolls & sausage.  I made him a pan full of cabbage rolls the way his Ukrainian  Grandma made.  Because they are made with bacon, I cannot eat, but he was a very happy man.  I think I fell asleep while watching the movie because I don't remember much but the start & the end.  

 
My Fur Girls, chatting up Santa

 
Sunday was the day we had tickets for the Royal Ballet's Nutcracker streamed from London's Royal Opera House.  I do like the traditional, I like the costumes, the music, the dance - it's all so beautiful.  It tickles the joy in my little girl self. Sunday evening we enjoyed the start of a brief series with Julian Fellows - The Grand Homes of England.  I'm still holding out hope that he does not disappoint me with the final Christmas episode of Downton, that Lady Edith gets a happy ever after ending. Season 6 starts for us January 3rd.  A rumour has reached these shores, that Julian is writing a Downton movie script.

Snowflakes From Nutcracker Ballet
The previous week just sped by & I'm sure the next three days before the 25th will also go very quickly.  I have only 1 day at the clinic this week but I start 2 weeks of cat sitting on the 23rd.  

Wishing everyone calm in these last few days before Christmas & of course all the blessings of the day. 


Fur Girls Checking Out Presents


 

18 comments:

  1. Love that photo of the parking lot! I think I need to capture one of those for the Christmas Journal. I haven't seen the Nutcracker in so many years---it looks like it was a beautiful performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many varieties of the Nutcracker - this one by the London National Ballet was quite a good one. If there's sparkle, tutus & tiaras, I'm good.

      Delete
  2. your cats are so funny searching under the tree - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my fur girls are cheeky little kitties, I put the bows on the presents for afterwards for them, not before!

      Delete
  3. I'm feeling cheated of your snow! SOunds like a lovely weekend though, and SIGH to that car park! I managed to dodge too much traffic over the weekend (feeling smug) but today it took over an hour do to a 15-minute hospital run. Cue road rage at other silly road-users!! B r e a t h e !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will snow eventually ... the rain is wearing me down. Hospital Run! Are you OK?? Yes deep slow breath.

      Delete
  4. You need to know where your car is in a parking lot like that! When a new mall opens near Bristol people were calling the RAC (car rescue) to find their car! Love your cats. How do they feel about the cats you are sitting for? Love the festive lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie the two cats I babysit, it's in their own home, I drive over (about 5 minutes away). My charges;Shadow, he'll come out & visit with me, Paisley, I only ever see at a distance, she is VERY shy & only this year comes out when I am there. My two just give my shoes a good sniffing when I get home. That's too funny about the RAC.

      Delete
  5. I was just thinking that I would have struggled to find car in that huge car park! Your cats look adorable, my daughter insisted on buying ours a few Christmas presents yesterday :)
    Have a very happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mall parking reflects the size of the mall, hence why we don't go often. Too much. Our cats & horses all have stockings filled with treats, although these 2 seem to like wrapping paper & ribbon best! Happy Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra - I hope that your Christmas is full of the holiday magic & joy.

      Delete
  7. I have one more day at work, only a morning really, and then it's everything Christmas! Wishing you and Mr Man a wonderful festive season, even if a green one, and I hope he chose well on the sweater.
    Merry Christmas, Delanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for Christmas break & maternity leave starts! Merry Christmas Delanie, Mike & Chip - it's going to be stellar!

      Delete
  8. Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas! Many thanks for your beautiful card which is on the shelf beside me as I type. And for Monday-ing this year x Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian, I am feeling quite impressed with the postal services with such quick delivery. Merry Christmas to you & yours. I cannot wait to hear how The Golden Phone Lady likes her journal.

      Delete
  9. That photo of the parking lot is precisely why I won't go anywhere near a mall between Thanksgiving and New Year's! Enjoy your warm Christmas. Seems to be the story everywhere - the U.S., U.K., and Canada are all playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you & your family from me & mine xxx

    ReplyDelete