Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Happy August List - Question 5

Question 5 - Your Definition of Love.


From My Garden
 I think the sages of the ages have been trying to define love for a very long time.

I will be the first to admit that I am no authoritative voice on love but I am an experienced expert on feeling love, giving love, sharing love and being loved.  I have loved much over my life and I am often surprised at how expandable the heart is at loving, even after being hurt or because of loss.

From My Garden

I think that love comes in so many forms or ways of feeling or demonstrating. Love can be a wonderful way to feel and think, but it can also be sad and painful. When love is over, where does the love go?

 There is a test you can take that will assess how you best like your partner to express love to you; do you prefer to hear it; prefer to have it shown with displays of affection; do you require gifts to prove love.  Is there a right way to love, to say love, to show love?  I really don't know.

From My Garden

Is love felt in the physical heart or is it felt in the head?  Dare I venture to bring in the agreement about a soul, is this where we feel love?  A combination of all 3?  I do not believe that love conquers all.  I want to believe that love does win in the end. So much poetry about love, so many books written about love.  A personal (fictional?) hero of mine, Albus Dumbledore believes that being able to love is so important.  The world could certainly use a lot more love right now.  

 


Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance ... love will last forever!
                                                               (NLT)1 Corinthians 13:4–8a

 
From My Garden




2 comments:

  1. Love your dicentra. Some call it bleeding heart - I think "weeping heart" would be more appropriate... Interesting thoughts and questions about love. Nice to take another look at the verse from Corinthians. Staring at it again, I'm struck by the thought love is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do call it Weeping Hearts rather than Bleeding Hearts. It is a spring favourite. Oh, sorry that I made you think love is hard by my definitions. I was going for the Love is different for each person and that one explanation does not fit all.

      Delete