Monday, September 26, 2016

Memorandum Monday - September 26th

Good Morning to you all.  Connecting with our hostess, Sian & the other Monday Memo writers at: From High In The Sky

What's new from the patio?  Well this Monday morning I am happy to report that sisters are all doing well enough that they can do without my help or company.  Work, is an entirely different story, it bores me so I will not go on about it & bore you.

We have been having some amazing fiery red skies in the morning.  What a view to start the day.  They have been competing with the sunsets.
 Autumn arrived in glorious heat & humidity & very dry.  Leaves are turning colour & starting their branch departure.  Turn, turn, turn, to everything there is a season ... 


 The corn crop growing behind us, however sparse, is ripening & ready for harvesting.

The Heavenly Blue Morning Glories are finally blooming, although not on mass as I had envisioned, but still each bloom is magnificent.
 

This weekend we visited a new to us large lake shore park in Burlington.  This city lies between Hamilton & Toronto along the shores of Lake Ontario.  It is a city that takes great pride in preserving much of the lake front as park for all to use & it is a city under going massive condo construction.  The park we visited is called Spencer's Park & has a very long & very wide boardwalk with a long pier out into the lake for strolling & viewing pleasures.  Not too many boats to watch but lots of people, dogs & cyclists to watch.

Mr Man & I both commented on how well behaved all the dogs being walked along the boardwalk were; how consider the bicyclers were, as were the walkers.  Everyone seemed to be enjoying their space while still respecting the space of everyone else around them.  We saw very little litter (say that fast), no graffiti on the big rocks or breakwall.   

  
We were also fascinated by the bike repair station that the park provided.  I have never seen such a thing before. 




My thought for the week:   I know when to stop.  I know when to let things go.  I know when to move on.  But "I know" is very different from "I can" or "I have done so".  (gleaned from the internet).



10 comments:

  1. I don't believe we've ever been to Burlington. It looks worth a trip to explore! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love the weather this time of the year?
    You've really caught the change of the season in your post!
    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased the sisters are improving. I really like the idea of a bike repair station - what a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear of the improvements. Fingers crossed you can say the same about work soon. That looks like a wonderful large space to enjoy..it feels a little like we could fit half our country in there!

    Wishing you a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely park. Glad to hear your sisters are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful lakeside walk, and perfect weather to match! The photo of the leaves is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Beautiful space for all to enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Burlington looks like a lovely place to visit. Periodically, I ask The Brainy One if we should emigrate to Canada ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks a lovely place to spend a day - and what a good idea that cycle repair post is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful sense of space on that Boardwalk. Your skies are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete