Monday, August 01, 2016

Memorandum Monday - August 1st

Waving good morning to our hostess, Sian & the other Monday Memo writers & linking in here:  From High In The Sky

It is a holiday here in Ontario; Civic Day or Simcoe Day, so I will not have a long post today. Also, Happy Lammas.

Truth be told, this post was written a couple days ago as we are off having weekend adventures.  Technology at its finest.

Today I am doing something new in showing you some of my scrapping pages.

The first is a page I did about my,  if, maybe, someday I get a dog, page.  I used a Page Map layout idea.  I really like Bull Terriers.


  
The second page is about the sweetness of my beloved fur girls, this is also a Page Map layout idea.  I am not happy with the hearts banner across the bottom - I may change to have fewer & with more space between them.  Smoke actually helped with this page, well when I say helped, she lay across the desk & played with the page spilts.




 The next two pages are the fur girls 2015 Christmas pages, in which I finally finished the journaling, (behind the tags).  The design is copied from one of my local scrapbook stores idea display boards.





The next is a two page spread I made from a kit.  A little busier than I normally do, but I like the end result.


Walter's Falls


























The last page is from my garden album.  It is a page about the star dancer of my spring garden - the Tree Peony - hence why I used the dancer sticker on the tag with the number of blooms this year; 9!





My thought for today: The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity. ~George Carlin

Hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead.  


 

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that peony - absolutely beautiful. It certainly deserves a lovely scrapbook page to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tree peony really rewarded me this year with so many blooms. It gets fed & watered on such a regular basis, it certainly gets more attention than most of the other plants. Cooler springs ensure the flowers last just a little longer.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to see some of your scrapbook pages. What a treat! Have a lovely time whatever you are up too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sian - from such a master scrapper, your comment encourages me greatly.

      Delete
  3. Can see why you were proud of that peony! Can't make out the waterfalls so well but they weem spectacular too!
    Hope you've enjoyed your day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew what you meant. Walter's Falls is a natural occurring twin waterfalls & there is a lovely hotel/restaurant on the edge of the falls where we had brunch. Very pretty place to visit.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're off on an excursion, and glad to see your scrapbooking pages---lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break away. Lovely scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. We had a lovely long weekend, enjoyed some time with friends.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, what an absolutely great bunch of layouts! I'm hoping to scrapbook more this month & seeing other's layouts always inspires me to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that would be a new one for me, me inspiring someone about scrapping. Looking forward to seeing your next batch of layouts.

      Delete
  7. What fun to see your scrapbook pages, Mary-Lou! And so cute/funny/you to make a page about a dog you WANT. ;o) Love your fur girls, and the George Carlin quote made me lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt very much I will ever get a dog & I know you should go to the rescue to get one anyway but hey a girl can dream :)

      Delete
  8. Your scrapbooking pages are lovely.
    I like the hearts banner at the bottom of that page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour scheme in your first layout and the Christmas collars on your fur babies are so cute! In the hearts layout, would moving the photo down so it overlapped the hearts (into the second row of hearts maybe) be more pleasing to your eye? Love that row of photos on your Tree Peony page too; a great way to show the passage of time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Delanie for the suggestion about the hearts. Fur girls hated those Christmas collars & they did not stay on long ... already thinking of how to stage this year's December Daily photos!

      Delete
  10. So lovely to see some of your gorgeous pages.. I have to say I loved the idea of recording your 'maybe if someday I get a dog'..thats such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete