Monday, January 04, 2016

Me On Monday - January 4th

Linking in with Sian  & the other Monday Ladies at:
http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/

This Monday sees me taking one more day away from the clinic as I continue cat sitting for a few more days.  I am still in the process of putting Christmas away - it was glorious but I am done with it now.

 
From Simple Things - Source


 
Church Of Our Lady - Photo From Inside Warm Car

Saturday was a day filled with the odd feeling, "what day is it again?"  this happens to us when we have that open schedule, days blur.  We filled Saturday with exploring adventures in search of photos for the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt & upcoming Pairs.  

 
Grey Squirrel Guarding Home Entrance































Sunday we used one of our Christmas gifts, tickets to a hockey game between the Guelph Storm & Kitchener Rangers.  This league is the OHL (Ontario Hockey League, just one below the National Hockey League (NHL)). It has been MANY years since I sat in a hockey arena to watch a game - all my brothers played hockey at one time or another.  Mr Man was once a Leafs fan but he gave up all hope a few years back.  This adventure is not only a Christmas Gift, but part of the Winter Manifesto.   I cheer for the home team, Guelph Storm, Mr Man roots for Kitchener Rangers.  The Storm won 7-3!
 
The Storm & Rangers warm up at the Sleeman Centre



And of course Sunday night saw the start of the final season of Downton Abbey - I can endure all as I know Edith's happy ending ever after - thank you Julian; did you know that he & I celebrate our birthdays on the same day?

 

I am looking forward to the end of the 12 days of one mincemeat tart a day, making a wish on the first bite for good luck in 2016.  The photo shows a selection of my tiny tartlets, some with lids, some without, some with a little pasty flowers (blob knob) & some become zippers. 

 There is a return to better eating habits & getting in my 10,000 steps a day.  Sweets are all gone (except the final mincemeat tarts) from the house & I am preparing for the sugar withdrawal symptoms - stocked up on fresh fruit & veg.  
Source


I am noting that the amount of daylight is increasing ever so slightly & remembering that spring surely follows every winter, no matter how cold the winter is.





8 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of wondering which day it is! Back to college on Wednesday for my girl and work for me so it will soon become clear. Very much looking forward to those lighter afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the days start to get longer again. I too have been totally lost as to what day of the week it is. It's kind of nice to have some structure back to the days although not so nice to be back at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you are retired, keeping track of the days becomes almost impossible unless you have a regular volunteer commitment! I love that graphic from Simple Things. We have another week of travel ahead of us, and then I'll be joining you on the no-sugar, healthy veggie diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite enjoyed the 'what day is it?' feeling - until I got to the weekend when work began to loom. One teenage son was very disappointed last Wednesday when he discovered it WASNT Monday. Those mince pies look divine - they're the only bit of Christmas I still enjoy afterwards. I'm ready for the trees and decs to come down by the 30th (but usually have to wait until the 3rd or 4th) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mince pies are very inviting ... And so is that lovely colourful display of fruit and veg - always cheering on grey winter days. We've been a bit drifty last week too - I always love the days between Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me smile ... I spend a lot of time saying, what day is it? Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great word bubble. I read that twice imagining the possibilities of each item. Love the church and tree too. I too was off between Christmas and New Year. I think you may have used the time more wisely than I did - lots of lovely trips and treats. Today saw me much too tired at work, so I must have accomplished something! Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got into a day of the week confusion over new year. I seemed to have two Saturdays! Good luck with the fruit and veg!

    ReplyDelete