Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pairs In Red Or White


My Pairs this week are two Poinsettia trees, one in white, one in red. A real Canadian Christmas display.  Although I think the whites were blushed with pink, but maybe it was the lighting.  At the base of the white tree were purple "Moses In The Basket" plants.  Intentional?  Both these trees are part of the Royal Botanical Gardens (Burlington) Christmas festivities, which included Santa, Mrs Claus & live reindeer.  There was another red Poinsettia tree in another greenhouse that had been set up beside a park bench, (fake) dusting of snow and a model train running around the back of it.  This little scene was more popular than Santa & his live reindeer. Everyone was using that bench scene for photos.  But I did get the chance for a quiet moment to snap a few photos & enjoy the quiet.

6 comments:

  1. A fine looking pair. I think I would have had to investigate both. I like model railways. But real reindeer? Hard to resist

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous trees!! Live reindeer----that would have been cool to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. I've only seen these in real life at the Chicago Botanical Gardens, and I'm guessing we'll be visiting again when we're in Chicago after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say it again - these are so clever. Love them all and now you mention it, the one by the bench would make a lovely setting for a photo on a family Christmas card or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are fabulous - such a great idea for festive decoration

    ReplyDelete