Sunday, August 09, 2015

Happy August Lists - Day 9

Today Question 9 is Your Beliefs.   


I believe that there is a higher power, something bigger than ourselves. I do believe in love.  I do believe that forgiveness is a gift you give yourself and is really important for you to do to be able to move on. Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to be sick. 



A Family Addition - Baby Wyatt Born April 2015



I do believe miracles happen daily, I think that life it self is a miracle and a gift.  I believe that aging is a privilege that has been denied to many.









Statue in St Jacobs
I don't believe in reincarnation.  I don't believe in Karma although I really wish there was something as simple as Karmic law.  I don't believe I am superstitious, although I don't change the bed sheets on a Friday and I have been known to walk around a ladder. I don't believe that when you die, you become an angel.  Nice thought, but not something I buy into. 







 


I believe in this quote:
“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;

watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
... FRANK OUTLAW

4 comments:

  1. I share pretty much the same beliefs as you, although I also believe in reincarnation. I like the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a work mate that absolutely believes in reincarnation. She is trying to convince me - I am trying to remain open to new facts and knowledge. It is a good quote, one I try to remember at all times.

      Delete
  2. Interesting thoughts. I'm sitting with "ageing is a privilege" at the moment and letting that float around. It's something I think societies are forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having lost many folks in my family at an early age, I think getting older should not be considered the norm, but then that's my family, although my maternal Grandmother was 94! So I hang on to that, there's some longed lived DNA in my mix.

      Delete